We are looking for a skilled DevOps systems/software engineer (back-end systems Jedi) who can take control of our existing systems and infrastructure while helping to make decisions about new infrastructure and technologies to make it better.
If you are passionate about Big Data, data accuracy, performance optimization, and have a strong desire to solve problems, then Goomzee is the place for you. You will have the unique opportunity to shape our future systems, and become an expert in bleeding-edge technology in stream processing, data warehousing, analytics, and distributed computing.
This is an exciting opportunity to help transform a 100+ year old industry by utilizing the latest Big Data technologies. There are approximately 800 MLSs throughout the United States, each with their own unique database. We connect to these databases and normalize and aggregate data, which provides the foundation for our software products and services.
- Manage automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications in data centers and in cloud
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- Help solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains – will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
- Takes ownership of end-to-end solutions provided by teams across the organization
- Become a Jedi in our technology stack including SQL, NoSQL, cache, queue, stream pipeline, and graph database technologies indexed with Lucene search engine
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 3+ years solid experience in DevOps in 24×7 uptime environment
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely within small teams
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- 3+ years experience with Linux, Shell and preferably experience with Ansible (or equivalent)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
Full time, M-F 8am – 5pm, Missoula; Salary DOE; Benefits include health, holidays, PTO, flex Fridays (optionally work from home). Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: DevOps Engineer
Goomzee is not affiliated in any way with Disney, Lucasfilm, or the Star Wars brand. The Force should be used at your own discretion. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Goomzee is an innovative software technology startup providing mobile apps and productivity tools to real estate professionals nationwide. Our mobile software products untether agents from their desk and deliver accurate, timely, and detailed multiple listing service (MLS) data and more to their iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. We connect buyers and sellers.
We aggregate tens of millions of property records and hundreds of millions of photos while serving our growing customer base from over 47 U.S. states. Our engineering and design teams span several continents. Goomzee’s technology stack is similar or more advanced than what you’d expect from companies in major metro markets or Silicon Valley, but we enjoy the beauty and quality of life Missoula has to offer. Our average commute time to work is under ten minutes, which is about the same amount of time you’d spend finding a hiking or biking trail, or even to fly fish one of our many rivers and waterways.